If you have a disability which you think was caused by the drug thalidomide, there are things you can do to try to get financial compensation for your injury.

Making a claim

If you believe that you were damaged by your mother taking thalidomide during her pregnancy, you can contact the Thalidomide Trust to find out if you are eligible for their support. Please note that:

In the UK, thalidomide only affected people who were born between the years 1958-1965.

Certain patterns of disability are widely recognised as having been caused by thalidomide. There are disabilities that look similar but have other causes. So even if you were born between 1958 and 1965, your disabilities may not have been caused by thalidomide.

If you fall within this age range, your mother was in the UK when she was pregnant, and you think you have thalidomide damage, you can apply to become a beneficiary of the UK Thalidomide Trust.

The first step is to complete a and either post it to this address;

Thalidomide Trust
1 Eaton Court Road
Eaton Socon
St Neots
PE19 8ER

Alternatively you can email it to Your application will be assessed by a team of experts.